I began my second co-op block in March of 2006 at a company called Brand Logic in Rochester, NY. Originally I was hired to do some anticipated CSS work on templates, but the other two co-ops got that instead.
Among other tasks, here’s a short list of what I have accomplished in the last 5 months:
- Document the structure of a current website to be re-designed
- Create a limited-functionality example of what a search form could produce
- Replicate and diagnose MS Word template issues on Mac in Office 2004
- Create fax, memo, and letter MS Word templates according to specification
- Develop a search form in VS.NET using C# and ASP.NET
- Create installer for MS Word templates
- Evaluate a current website’s functionality and design
- Document the information architecture (IAs) of sites
- Witness the creation of wireframes and understand the importance of ‘hotspots’ and ‘action areas’
It’s been a long few months, but I have gained some excellent experience that I will take back to the classroom. My coworkers have been very helpful and encouraging. I hope to stay in touch when this is all over.